TNinja

Fresh from Soul Stream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Characters:TNinja
  • Server:Morrighan (EU)

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Sup, humans. As many of you don't know, I am rather fond of cards. Most notably card games. And I am also rather fond of Touhou. What did I do? Well, I made a game featuring the girls of Gensokyo.

This is a strategy board game. The cards are merely there to tell about the abilities of each girls. Though, unlike other board and strategy games, this game have no form of luck whatsoever. The closest you are ever going to be near the luck factor, is the card decisions you will be making.

The gameplay is affected by smart use of the cards in your dispositions and maps. Example, there are equipment cards, weather cards, and field cards. The game also have four seasons, which changes after a set of turns.
The equipment cards and such takes inventory slots. Each character have inventory space, and the home base acts as a storage room, which also have limits. And a lot of the support cards overrides another cards, so smart use is necessary.

The gameplay is simple. You send out a number of characters on the field. One of each character, no duplicates. And one leader character. It's turn based, so a player can take their time to move their units anywhere, and attack or do whatever. You can use spell cars, which is called an ultimate, and takes a few slots of inventory space. You can also use items, much like any strategy games.
Seasons will change the way the game goes. It's an optional game feature. There are Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Certain units receives a boost when a certain season is in play. Added to seasons, there are weathers, which can change the game by a lot.

This game also have classes, which have special traits of their own. Strenght and weaknesses, and immunities.
On top of class traits, all units have character traits as well, making team variation even more variated.
The classes in the game are Fighters, Defenders, Magicians, Rangers, Flight, Scout, Espion, Assassin, Divers, Deployers, Healers, Supporters and Outsiders.

Like most tactical-RPG games, there are stats. Physical Attack, Magical Attack, None-Attack and their respective defences. There are also Speed, Travel Distance, Attack Range, Splash and Area of Effect and of course your everyday Health Point. These values variates on units. The game uses simple add and reduce math. + and -.

The board game supports a few other modes, such as Intel Retreiving, Defence Mode, Elimination, Mission and General Assassination.
Intel Retreiving is the basic steal and return. A unit can take the intel and return to the base for points. Respawn is due.
Defence Mode is a mode where you destroy an enemy's home base.
Elimination is a simple kill'em all, no survivors.
Mission Mode. You pick a mission from a bunch of mission cards, and don't show it to the enemy. Certain units may reveal missions.
General Assassin. The mission is to eliminate the enemy's Leader unit. Leader units are more powerful than most.

I actually intended the rules for a computer game version, but as have no knowledge in game making, I came up with the board game version instead. I have planned out msot, if not everything.
There are slight changes in the computer and the board rules. Example, Momiji is a Scout unit, who is able to see really well, giving her additional vision range in fog and darkness. Also known as Fog of War.

But eyh, maybe one day I'll end up in a doujin circle, and get this game done. But for now, I'll do the board version.

Here's some example of cards I made. There are a lot more in my Photobucket.
Oh, and each card are artist credited at the bottom left, for my self-respect. And if you liked the art, can search up on it on Google, Pixiv or Danbooru.
Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Game rules
-Battle sequence
-Terrain info
-Character Card Interface
-Status effect

List of unit Classes
My fight is for my own. What is yours?

#2 EmaraldFlash

EmaraldFlash

the Noob Elemental Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationDeepest pits of the Shadow Realm
  • Characters:EmaralFlash
  • Server:Macha (EU)

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

I wanna play
Posted Image

#3 TNinja

TNinja

Fresh from Soul Stream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Some of the actions in the card was actually from Mabinogi. Utsuho have Heat Buster, and Yuugi had Heavy Stander.

Just so that's being said.

#4 EmaraldFlash

EmaraldFlash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

how can we start playing??
Posted Image

#5 TNinja

TNinja

Fresh from Soul Stream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

It's on the making, but I have made enough cards for it to be playable. The problem is that, how are you goint to play it?

You can make the map on a cardbord box or something, and print out some item cards.

I have no maps available, so you just go ahead and make one.

I'll explain the rules soon enough.

#6 EmaraldFlash

EmaraldFlash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

XD
Posted Image

#7 TNinja

TNinja

Fresh from Soul Stream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

Rules and other stuff has been added. The bottom of first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users